By accessing, browsing and/or otherwise using this website (“Site”), you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions herein and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree to all of these terms and conditions, you may not access, browse and/or use this Site. The material provided on this Site is protected by law, including, but not limited to, United States copyright law and international treaties.
This Site is controlled and operated by UPM Pharmaceuticals, Inc. and its affiliates (“UPM”) from offices within the United States of America, and access to this Site from territories where the Site and its contents are illegal is prohibited. Those who choose to access this Site from other locations are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
- Copyright. All Site materials, including, without limitation, text, graphics and other files and the selection and arrangement thereof are copyrighted materials of UPM. You may not distribute copy, reproduce, display, republish, download, or transmit any material on this Site for commercial use without prior written approval of UPM. Any unauthorized use of any material contained on this Site may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity and communications regulations and statutes.
- Trademarks. The trademarks, service marks, trade names, and logos (the “Trademarks”) used and displayed on this Site are registered and unregistered Trademarks of UPM. You may not copy, imitate or use, in whole or in part, any Trademarks without the prior written permission of UPM. You acknowledge that the Trademarks used and displayed on this Site are and shall remain the sole property of UPM and nothing herein shall confer any right of ownership or license of any of the Trademarks in you. Further, nothing in this Site shall be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any license or right to use any Trademark used or displayed on the Site, without the express written permission of UPM. The misuse of the Trademarks, or any other content on the Site, is strictly prohibited.
- Limited Access. These materials may be used for internal informational purposes only. Except as otherwise expressly permitted by UPM, any access or attempt to access other areas of the UPM computer system or other information contained on the system for any purposes is strictly prohibited. You will not spam or send unsolicited electronic mail to any other user of the Site for any reason. You agree that you will not use any device, software or routine to interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
This Site, including all software, functions, materials and information, is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind, either express or implied. UPM disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, data accuracy and informational content. UPM does not make any representations regarding the operation of this Site, the use, validity, accuracy, or reliability of, or the results of the use of the materials on this Site. The materials on this Site may be out of date, and UPM makes no commitment to update the materials at this Site.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will UPM be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages), resulting from, arising out of or relating to the use or inability to use this Site.
Revocations & Revisions
UPM may revoke or revise these terms and conditions at any time without notice. By using this Site you agree to be bound by any such revocations and/or revisions and should therefore periodically visit this Site and page to determine the then current terms and conditions of use to which you are bound.
Applicable Laws & Severability
These terms and conditions shall be governed by, and construed and interpreted in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee, United States of America, without giving effect to its conflict of laws. A waiver by UPM of any term or condition herein may only occur in writing. If any term or condition herein is declared invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, such term or condition shall be ineffective only to the extent of such invalidity, so that the remainder of that term or condition and all remaining terms and conditions herein will continue in full force and effect.
Controlled Substance Handling
UPM has a number of strict controls in place to ensure the safe handling of DEA Schedule I–V controlled substances and listed chemicals—chief among them being customer and staff education. We take very seriously our responsibility to safely develop your product while navigating the regulatory pathway on your behalf. Working in close collaboration with customers, we ensure you not only understand all relevant Controlled Substances Act (CSA) regulations, but also the specific implications of those regulations on your product and market strategy.
Last updated: May 27th, 2022
Interpretation and Definitions
The words of which the initial letter is capitalized have meanings defined under the following conditions. The following definitions shall have the same meaning regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural.
- Company (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to UPM Pharmaceuticals.
- Cookies are small files that are placed on Your computer, mobile device or any other device by a website, containing the details of Your browsing history on that website among its many uses.
- Country refers to: Tennessee, United States
- Device means any device that can access the Service such as a computer, a cellphone or a digital tablet.
- Personal Data is any information that relates to an identified or identifiable individual.
- Service refers to the Website.
- Service Provider means any natural or legal person who processes the data on behalf of the Company. It refers to third-party companies or individuals employed by the Company to facilitate the Service, to provide the Service on behalf of the Company, to perform services related to the Service or to assist the Company in analyzing how the Service is used.
- Third-party Social Media Service refers to any website or any social network website through which a User can log in or create an account to use the Service.
- Usage Data refers to data collected automatically, either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Website refers to UPM Pharmaceuticals, accessible from https://www.upm-inc.com
- You means the individual accessing or using the Service, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the Service, as applicable.
Collecting and Using Your Personal Data
Types of Data Collected
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Usage Data
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
Tracking Technologies and Cookies
- Web Beacons. Certain sections of our Service and our emails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of a certain section and verifying system and server integrity).
Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on Your personal computer or mobile device when You go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as You close Your web browser. Learn more about cookies: What Are Cookies?.
We use both Session and Persistent Cookies for the purposes set out below:
- Necessary / Essential CookiesType: Session Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies are essential to provide You with services available through the Website and to enable You to use some of its features. They help to authenticate users and prevent fraudulent use of user accounts. Without these Cookies, the services that You have asked for cannot be provided, and We only use these Cookies to provide You with those services.
- Cookies Policy / Notice Acceptance CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
- Functionality CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Us
Purpose: These Cookies allow us to remember choices You make when You use the Website, such as remembering your login details or language preference. The purpose of these Cookies is to provide You with a more personal experience and to avoid You having to re-enter your preferences every time You use the Website.
- Tracking and Performance CookiesType: Persistent Cookies
Administered by: Third-Parties
Purpose: These Cookies are used to track information about traffic to the Website and how users use the Website. The information gathered via these Cookies may directly or indirectly identify you as an individual visitor. This is because the information collected is typically linked to a pseudonymous identifier associated with the device you use to access the Website. We may also use these Cookies to test new pages, features or new functionality of the Website to see how our users react to them.
Use of Your Personal Data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us.
- For other purposes: We may use Your information for other purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Service, products, services, marketing and your experience.
Retention of Your Personal Data
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Your Personal Data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed at the Company’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to â€” and maintained on â€” computers located outside of Your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from Your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Your Personal Data
Under certain circumstances, the Company may be required to disclose Your Personal Data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
The Company may disclose Your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- Protect the personal safety of Users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
Security of Your Personal Data
The security of Your Personal Data is important to Us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect Your Personal Data, We cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Detailed Information on the Processing of Your Personal Data
Service Providers have access to Your Personal Data only to perform their tasks on Our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy
We may use Your Personal Data to contact You with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to You. You may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from Us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email We send or by contacting Us.
Links to Other Websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.