UPM is a service organization and our employees are our greatest asset. This is why we seek highly skilled and highly motivated individuals to become a part of our team. We look for people that share a passion for the pharmaceutical industry as well as for hard work, creativity, and growth. Our employees are devoted to our mission of rapidly advancing pharmaceutical technologies and products on behalf of our clients. At the same time, we work in an enriching environment, work as a team where initiative and performance is rewarded. If you share our commitment to teamwork, enjoy a challenge, and want to feel good about the work you do, please contact UPM at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our current open positions.
UPM offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package.
Current Open Positions at UPM Pharmaceuticals (02 July 2019)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential functions of this position may include, but are not limited to:
• Performs raw material, in process, residual, finished product, component, validation, stability and special testing per specification, procedures, protocols, and current Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
• Performs testing with a high degree of efficiency, reliability, and accuracy.
• Prepares necessary solutions and standardizes volumetric solutions. Participates in standard qualifications.
• Maintains accurate/concise records of test data, charts, graphs, chromatograms, etc. following approved procedures. Tabulates and reports results in timely manner and immediately reports analytical issues, questionable results and out of specification results to laboratory management.
• Generally, tests products that require the use of instrumentation and may involve more complex analytical techniques.
• Performs appropriate maintenance and calibrations on different types of laboratory equipment properly documenting actions.
• Performs assigned work meeting deadlines as instructed.
• Reviews work of other analysts, which may include approval of laboratory data.
• Participates and may conduct laboratory investigations using knowledge gained to determine causes and/or appropriate corrective actions.
• Provides leadership in training less experienced laboratory staff.
• Provides leadership in departmental projects such as method transfers or instrument validations, carrying out the projects from planning to completion.
• Promotes safety in the laboratory and works in a safe manner complying with all safety regulations.
• Continues to learn industry regulations, is familiar with USP/NF and other pharmacopeias (as applicable), FDA and ICH guidelines to assure that changes to procedures and policies continue to be compliant.
• Assists with the development of new approaches by identifying potential problems during quality testing and providing potential solutions.
• May assist in scheduling and coordinating testing activities, manpower, and equipment to service testing requirements of production, material management, stability and other objectives of the laboratory.
• May serve on company committees to investigate problems or update procedures or practices to meet objectives of the company.
• May serve on corporate committees to harmonize procedures and practices.
• Assists in responding to audit observations.
• Maintains professional and scientific competency in analytical chemistry by reading scientific literature and/or attending seminars, training sessions, workshops, or classes.
• Employee should be trained in the handling of controlled substances.
Knowledge Necessary to Perform the Job:
Experience in analytical methods, laboratory instrumentation and techniques.
Possess fundamental concept of analytical chemistry, separation techniques, inorganic and organic chemistry principles.
Possess knowledge of USP/NF and other pharmacopeias (as applicable), cGMPs, FDA, and ICH regulations and guidelines, laboratory safety procedures, company policies and safety regulations.
Possess basic knowledge of computer programs such as instrumentation software and Microsoft office.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related science field and 8 years of related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience/training; advanced degree in Chemistry or closely related field is desirable, but not required; pharmaceutical laboratory experience is required.
To apply, send resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com