UPM is a service organization and our employees are our greatest asset. This is why we seek highly skilled and highly motivated individuals to become a part of our team. We look for people that share a passion for the pharmaceutical industry as well as for hard work, creativity, and growth. Our employees are devoted to our mission of rapidly advancing pharmaceutical technologies and products on behalf of our clients. At the same time, we work in an enriching environment, work as a team where initiative and performance is rewarded. If you share our commitment to teamwork, enjoy a challenge, and want to feel good about the work you do, please contact UPM at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our current open positions.
UPM offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package. To learn more, click here to download our Benefit Summary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Troubleshoot and modify programmable logic controllers (PLCs) such as Allen-Bradley SLC-500 and CompactLogix controllers
- Familiarity with hydraulic and pneumatic systems, electrical control systems and instrument loops
- Experience with HVAC controls and building automation systems
- Basic knowledge of instrument calibrations and Metrology practices
- Knowledge of operation of manufacturing/packaging machinery and experience with installation of new and used equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical or mechanical failure of production machines and facilities equipment
- 3+ years of strong electrical background in troubleshooting motor controls
- Metal fabrication and welding experience preferred
- Work with engineering drawings, electrical schematics, engineering flow diagrams, basic shop math, and machine shop skills
- Knowledge of cGMP practices
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two year certificate from a technical college or vocational school preferred.
Experience in the Pharmaceutical manufacturing industry preferred.
Basic shop math skills – whether calculating averages for a control chart, making machine adjustments, or reading prints.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have basic computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and ability to use internet tools.Inquire about This Job >>
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Pharmaceutical Chemist performs set up, calibration, operation, and maintenance of laboratory test equipment. Performs assigned work in a timely and safe manner conforming to regulatory, company, and compendial requirements. Adheres to cGMP, which include, but is not limited to, proper laboratory documentation and maintenance, and archiving of paperwork. Compiles reports of analytical tests, ensuring reports are accurate and complete with documentation of procedures, equipment, and reagents used in analytical testing. Develops proficient practical laboratory skills, a thorough knowledge of chemistry theories, analytical techniques, and adopts site procedures as required. Assists in the execution of protocols, method transfers, and validation studies under the guidance of more experienced analysts. May need training in the handling of controlled substances. The Pharmaceutical Chemist performs routine and non-routine quality control testing of raw materials, in process, residual, finished product, and stability testing within the framework of the site policies and cGMP regulations. Participates in special studies to accomplish company and departmental goals. Records and reports data accurately and in compliance with current methods/SOPs, USP/NF, other compendia as applicable, and cGMP. Performs duties under the guidance of laboratory management or designee.
Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or related science field is required with 2 years of pharmaceutical experience in a professional setting is preferred (university internships do not meet this criteria).
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have competent computer skills including knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and ability to use internet tools. Empower Chromatography software experience is highly desirable.Inquire about This Job >>