UPM is a service organization and our employees are our greatest asset. This is why we seek highly skilled and highly motivated individuals to become a part of our team. We look for people that share a passion for the pharmaceutical industry as well as for hard work, creativity, and growth. Our employees are devoted to our mission of rapidly advancing pharmaceutical technologies and products on behalf of our clients. At the same time, we work in an enriching environment, work as a team where initiative and performance is rewarded. If you share our commitment to teamwork, enjoy a challenge, and want to feel good about the work you do, please contact UPM at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our current open positions.
UPM offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefit package. To learn more, click here to download our Benefit Summary.
Inventory Management CoordinatorJob Posted: 03-20-2017
UPM Pharmaceuticals, Inc., (www.upm-inc.com) a contract drug development and manufacturing company for the pharmaceutical industry, located in Bristol, Tennessee, is seeking an Inventory Management Coordinator. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Receives all inbound shipments arriving at loading dock or other building delivery locations.
• Prepares all inbound shipments of raw material and finished product for receipt into computer inventory system according to SOP.
• Manages disposition of other shipments such as supplies, paper, and equipment.
• Warehouses all “Quarantine” incoming raw materials, finished products, and packaging materials in Quarantine Warehouse locations.
• Relocates all “Released” raw materials, finished products, and packaging materials to “Release” warehouse locations.
• Maintains receiving area, warehouses, and loading dock in orderly and presentable condition (includes some custodial activities).
• Maintains inventory cycle count system.
• Moves and accounts for all hazardous waste to be removed by Hazardous Waste Contractor, including expired raw material, and client requested destruction of raw materials and finished product. Account for and destroy packaging material not requiring contracted destruction.
• Prepares, coordinates, schedules, and assists in preparation of all outbound shipments.
• Removes flammable waste to designated outdoor storage area.
• Arranges and oversees removal of hazardous waste by Hazardous Waste Removal Contractor.
• Performs other duties as required.
Education/Experience: High School Diploma or GED required; 1 year of Pharmaceutical documentation, inventory or warehouse experience preferred.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
EOEInquire about This Job >>
Maintenance Planner and CoordinatorJob Posted: 03-15-2017
UPM Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a contract drug development and manufacturing company, located in Bristol, Tennessee is seeking an experienced Maintenance Planner and Coordinator. This position reports to the Manager of Facilities and will be located in Bristol, Tennessee.
The Maintenance Planner and Coordinator provides supervisory role for Maintenance programs: work orders and preventive maintenance (PM) programs. Manages Calibration Manager software, PM revisions, PM creation, determines required maintenance for all new equipment, provides technical support to Maintenance Techs and Line Mechanics, tracks work orders, manages maintenance records, schedules routine maintenance by technicians and vendors, and procures materials, services, and parts.
- Familiarity with a GMP environment.
- System administrator for Calibration Manager software. Add and delete users for this software and configure software as needed.
- Generate PM forms monthly for maintenance technicians, lab technicians, and line mechanics. Review existing procedures and revise as needed to align with recommended preventive maintenance. Monitor timely completion of all PMs. Review/approve completed PMs.
- Create new PM procedures for new process/facility equipment and utilities. Work with project managers and vendors to ensure adequate support documentation is available for Maintenance reference. Provide or arrange training for new PM procedures.
- Provide maintenance documentation to Validation, Quality Assurance, Change Control, and Environmental Health departments. Maintain and archive all maintenance records and reference materials. Provide maintenance documentation support for audits.
- Assess and route work orders for Quality Assurance assessments and department review. Assign work orders to maintenance technicians. Maintain work order spreadsheets.
- Obtain quotes and purchase orders for regularly scheduled services and coordinate the work with the maintenance department schedule.
- Participate in Notice of Event and Corrective Action/Preventive Action investigations using Trackwise software.
- Write and revise SOPs using Documentum software.
- Maintain site equipment list, assign asset tags to equipment, and verify equipment when attaching asset tags.
- Provide Calibration Manager support for Baltimore UPM site. Maintain monthly lists of PMs and calibrations due and enter completed procedures in Calibration Manager.
- Familiar with FDA regulations concerning the manufacture of pharmaceuticals; familiar with OSHA requirements for equipment and processes.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and government regulations. Ability to read blueprints, electrical schematics, and P & ID drawings.
- Knowledge of manufacturing and facilities equipment and building maintenance, including procedures, tools, materials, and personnel requirements.
- Proficient with Calibration Manager, Documentum, Trackwise, and the MS office suite, especially Word, Excel, and Access.
Education / Experience:
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in a technical or science discipline; five to ten year’s related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Qualified candidates please reference job title and email resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
EOEInquire about This Job >>
Analytical ChemistJob Posted: 12-01-2016
UPM Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a contract drug development and manufacturing company for the pharmaceutical industry, located in Bristol, Tennessee, is seeking an Analytical Chemist.
Under the direction of analytical services management, performs analytical method transfer, optimization, development, and validation. Performs chemical testing following developmental protocols or approved methods, and participates in instrument validation. Conducts experiments using wet chemistry and appropriate laboratory instruments, collecting and interpreting analytical data and writing reports in accordance with laboratory SOPs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs analytical method transfer, optimization, development, and conducts analytical methods validation of drug substances, drug product, and residual testing, using guidelines from USP and ICH. Develops protocols under which the methods transfer, optimization development, and validation are conducted. Evaluates statistically the validation data and writes the method validation report for submission. Writes test methods into company SOPs; reviews, writes, or assists in writing SOPs for analytical development. Performs USP Compendial testing and other Compendial testing as required. Consults with scientific professionals and scientific literature for problem solving assistance. Provides analytical testing support for manufacturing process validation. Documents laboratory activity and files all data using appropriate log books, records, files, and equipment calibration logs. Operates laboratory equipment such as balances, pH-meters, hardness testers, and dissolution baths in the performance of required and scheduled test procedures, and in accordance with laboratory SOPs. Performs routine sample processing and dosage form analysis using HPLC, GC, UV-Vis, and other analytical instrumentation. Collates test results and prepares certificates of analysis and stability reports. Conducts peer review of other analytical chemists and scientists work, prior to submission to quality assurance.
Technical Skills – Ability to operate analytical balance, computer, HPLC, GC, UV/VIS Spectrophotometer, pH meter, FTIR, Karl Fischer Titrator, Automatic Titrator, Polarimeter, Specific Gravity Meter, and Melting Point Apparatus, and other modern analytical equipment.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related scientific field. At least two years of analytical chemical experience preferred. Pharmaceutical laboratory experience preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience or training is acceptable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and ability to use internet tools.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com or fax: 423-989-8042.
EOE.Inquire about This Job >>
Technical Services Process ScientistJob Posted: 09-30-2016
UPM Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a contract drug development and manufacturing company for the pharmaceutical industry, located in Bristol, Tennessee, is seeking a Technical Services Process Scientist.
The role will be responsible for:
- Scale-up, tech transfer, and process development of tablet and capsule products.
- Execution of equipment and facility qualifications and process validations.
- Process optimization, trouble-shooting, investigation, and support for commercial manufacturing.
- Writing manufacturing records, development plans, protocols, and reports for process development, equipment qualification, process validation, deviations, and investigations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Technology transfer of solid dose products into Bristol site commercial manufacturing. Site transfer of existing commercial products; scale-up and process development for new formulations. Prepare equipment equivalency reports for regulatory filings; recommend equipment purchases for new processes and to improve existing processes. Work with QA, Validation, Engineering, Purchasing, Regulatory, R & D, and Manufacturing on project teams. Write, review, and execute validation protocols (equipment IQ, OQ, and PQ; process validations). Provide technical support to Manufacturing for the resolution of deviations, investigations, and process issues. Perform process monitoring using statistical analysis. Evaluate and develop process improvements for manufacturing processes. Write Master Batch Records, development reports, investigation reports.
Pharmaceutical experience is required.
BS in Industrial Pharmacy, Chemical, Engineering, Chemistry or a science related field with six to eight years’ of direct pharmaceutical experience; or equivalent combination of education and direct pharmaceutical experience. Essential skills are knowledge of solid-dose unit operations, problem-solving ability, technical writing, project management, and ability to learn on the job. Knowledge of cGMPs and internal SOPs. Knowledge of pharmaceutical formulations and scale-up principles. Extensive knowledge of tablet and capsule process equipment and unit operations. Knowledge of current FDA validation requirements. Experience with controlled substances is preferred. Experience with Wurster processing is preferred. Experience with formulation of tablets and capsules is preferred.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.orgInquire about This Job >>
Senior ScientistJob Posted: 03-16-2016
UPM Pharmaceuticals, a Division of Gregory Pharmaceutical Holdings, Inc., (www.upm-inc.com) located in Bristol, Tennessee, is seeking a Senior Scientist that leads in the development of new analytical methods and mentors other analysts to develop their technical skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Performs analytical method transfer, optimization, and development/validation design and analytical methods development/validation of drug substances, drug product and residual testing, using guidelines from USP and ICH. Plays a lead role in the development of new methods. Develops protocols under which the methods transfer, optimization, and development are conducted. Evaluates statistically the validation data and writes the method validation report for submission. Writes, edits, and revises test methods and procedures into company SOPs; reviews, writes, or assists in writing SOPs for analytical development. Participates in the planning and execution of raw material, components, and vendor qualification or alternate supplier qualification studies. Participates in laboratory investigations and assists in writing investigation reports. Performs USP Compendial testing and other Compendial testing as required. Consults with scientific professionals and scientific literature for problem solving assistance. Provides analytical testing support for manufacturing process validation. Documents laboratory activity and files all data using appropriate log books, records, files, and equipment calibration logs. Observes safety rules and assists in keeping the laboratory a safe environment. Operates laboratory equipment such as balances, pH-meters, hardness testers, and dissolution baths in the performance of required and scheduled test procedures and in accordance with laboratory SOPs. Performs routine sample processing and dosage form analysis using HPLC, Dissolution and UV-Vis analysis equipment. Performs routine maintenance, calibration, and performance verification on applicable instruments. Conducts peer reviews of other analytical chemists and scientist’s work prior to submission to quality assurance. Maintains professional and scientific competence in analytical chemistry by reading scientific literature and/or attending seminars, training sessions, workshops or classes.
Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related scientific field with at least 8 years of analytical chemistry experience. Advanced degree preferred. Pharmaceutical laboratory experience in analytical methods development and validation is required. Equivalent combination of education and experience or training is acceptable. Knowledge of company laboratory SOPs, good laboratory practices, cGMP practices, USP methodology, FDA, ICH, OSHA, and DEA regulations, and MSDSs essential. Should possess basic computer skills with knowledge of Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and the ability to use internet tools.
Qualified candidates please reference job title and email resume and salary requirements to:
email@example.com or fax: 423-989-8042. EOE.Inquire about This Job >>