UPM Pharmaceuticals Xcelodose Encapsulation System
- Precision dosages as low as 100µg per capsule
- Fully automated, humidity controlled enclosed system
- High-potency, direct fill without excipients or bulking agents
- Accelerated drug development cycles and increased profitability
UPM Pharmaceuticals offers encapsulation services using this state-of-the-art, highly precise system for clinical trial supply manufacturing. We use this technology’s CFR 21 Part 11-compliant software to accurately record factors such as the weight of each capsule for the monitoring of batches and individual capsules.
An Advanced System Recognized Worldwide
The Xcelodose system is a precision powder micro-dose system and automated encapsulator with a fill range of 100 micrograms to greater than 100 milligrams. UPM leverages its advanced Xcelodose suite establishing a unique ability to provide manufacturing services for early stage clinical trials.
Signature Capabilities of the Xcelodose 600S System
UPM creates manufacturing batches for clinical trials a service that has never been easier or more precise with the Xcelodose 600S automatic precision powder micro-dosing system.
UPM’s Xcelodose suite uses the pepper-pot principle to dispense dose weights as low as 100 micrograms, which allows you to precisely, accurately and repeatedly fill capsules and other small dose containers with active substances alone, without excipients or bulking agents (for the majority of API’s). Most blends, or formulated products, can also be filled without segregation.
This technology enables you to directly fill active pharmaceutical ingredients into capsules at a rate of several hundred capsules per hour. By eliminating the need for excipient compatibility and pre-formulation activities, first-in-human and first-to-market times can be dramatically shortened.
Implementing the Xcelodose system, UPM can shorten drug development time and speed up time to first-in-human clinical trials.
Robust Features of the Xcelodose 600S System
Precision dosing and optimized filling are just two of the robust features that make the Xcelodose 600S System the choice for pharmaceutical research and development concerns all over the globe. Other innovative features of the Xcelodose system include:
- Highly consistent dose accuracy – Programmable dispensing of dose weights as low as 100 micrograms ; recording allows traceability for GMP requirements
- Filling pure drug alone – Simplifying analytical and stability protocols and reducing waste
- Filling most blends – Without segregation
- Handles moisture-sensitive compounds – Relative humidity (RH) in the dispensing area can be reduced to < 5% and controlled to +/-1% of desired RH
- Automatically optimized filling process – Compensates for any variability in drug powder properties
- Simple user interface – Continuous data display and on-screen instructions with full audit trail traceability
Xcelodose 600S System Specifications
- Throughput - 600+ capsules per hour; high throughput unit for long runs and greater fill weights
- Handling - Fully-automatic capsule handling and filling
- Dose Form - Capsules size 00 to 4
- Dispensing System Footprint - Length: 600mm Width: 400mm Height: 330mm
- Material Type - Bead, Granule and Powder
- Dispensing Range - As low as 100µg
- Weighing Accuracy - Typically 1-2% RSD 1% when using stored proven fill method
- cGMP compliant - Yes, with extended validation pack available as an option
UPM’s Xcelodose suite delivers precision accuracy at high speed with unprecedented ease of control. Let UPM Pharmaceuticals accelerate your company’s drug development cycles and increase profitability with the Xcelodose 600S.